function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Swapnil Shah 33Swapnil Shah 33 

Inboud message event

Hi,
I am trying to trigger an apex class on incomming message from fb messenger. I did find ConversationEntry Object that contains messages but I am not able to write triggers or push topics using this object as it says not supported. I am not able to find a way to recieve an event for every new message from fb messenger. Can someone pls guide me on how to achieve this.

Thanks
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

The below article will answer your query,

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_chattermessage_triggers.htm

I hope you find the above information is helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks.
Hi abhishek,
Messages are not stored in chatter message due to which trigger is not initiated. Messages are stored in ConversationEntry object as mentioned above.
Trying to followup on this thread. Can someone please help me. Am stuck on this issue from long time.
Jake BullardJake Bullard

Swapnil, I'm having the same issue and am going to pursue this question with SF. There seems to be no way to trigger off of inbound messages. That seems crazy because it's a basic feature of literally ever other SMS app vendor. The only method of achieving this might be to have an Einstein bot take over the conversation. 

Where you ever able to solve this?