function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Aidel BruckAidel Bruck 

Managed package is not allowing trigger to run

Hi, 
I have a trigger that triggers after a file is uploaded. 
I recently installed a button from the app exchange that allows multiple files to be uploaded at once. 
When uploaded files using this button my trigger does not execute. 
 I looked in the log and it seems like as soon the file is uploaded the installed package takes over completely. 
Any way to get around this and have my trigger execute too?
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Aidel,
Triggers do not execute in parallel threads. You cannot control the order of execution of Apex triggers on the platform.

The easiest way, without any knowledge of what the managed code is doing, is to push your code into a separate transaction. You can do this via an @future method, Queueable Apex, or a Platform Event, or potentially even by writing a Change Event trigger.

You may need to get a detailed understanding of exactly what sequence of operations is run by the managed package, which could require consultation with the vendor since the code is not visible to you.

Reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57329323/salesforce-apex-trigger-needs-to-fire-after-managed-package-code

Hope this helps you. Please mark this answer as best so that others facing the same issue will find this information useful. Thank you