function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ricki ReayRicki Reay 

Is the "IsConverted" field on the lead object supposed to be defaulted as checked (TRUE)?

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction or offer any insight on the "IsConverted" field that is on the lead object. Right now, in two orgs. I am working in this field is defaulted to TRUE so that every lead entered into their SF orgs. has a IsConverted value = TRUE (even if they haven't been converted). This field is then mapped onto the contact object onto a identifical field which has a default value of FALSE. This makes sense in that when you convert a lead the resulting contact will then show that they were converted from a lead (i.e. their IsConverted value will be marked as TRUE from the value from the lead that created them upon conversion).

However, looking through some SF resources and forum posts, I see people talking about reporting on converted leads by using this field value. In this case, I would expect the default value to be equal to FALSE on the lead until they are converted and then this is updated to TRUE. I tried a trial of this in a sandbox by marking the IsConverted field on a lead as FALSE and then converted, but then the FALSE value was just brought over onto the converted contact (i.e. there is no default workflow or trigger in the background that updates this upon conversion). Can someone explain this further? Should the default value on the lead be TRUE? 

Thanks in advance for all insight.

Ricki
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Ricki,

Greetings!

The default value for IsConverted is false when the Lead record is created.But,it will be changed to True whenever you convert the Lead.

So,I would suggest you to check if you have any automations on the Lead Object.

Reference:https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_objects_lead.htm

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as best answer so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri