function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kashona DotsonKashona Dotson 

How do I allow guest users to access a flow on a public community page?

Need to allow an unauthenticated guest user to access an inbound flow to facilitate Lightning Scheduler. When navigating to the community page as a guest, I always encounter an error and the flow component does not show. Required objects are granted read only access via sharing rules, as they are not listed on the community's guest profile. Community is build-your-own theme.
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Kashona,

Greetings!

There is no specific permission to allow the guest users to access the flow but we do need to make sure that the guest user profile has required access fields and Objects which are involved in the flow.

If you are not able to figure out which access is missing then,I would suggest you to capture the debug logs which will explain the Object/fields did not have enough permissions.

Kindly mark it as best answer if it helps so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
Saurabh Tripathi 18Saurabh Tripathi 18
Hi Kashona,

Goto Setup and type 'All Sites' in quick find box. 
Click Builder against the community you want to enable guest user flow access for. Click on the gear icon in left panel which says setings.
Goto General tab and click on External Customer Support Profile hyperling under Guest User prfile. This will take you to th profile which a guest user has in order to access Salsforce things on Community.
Now goto System settings and enable the 'Run Flows' option.

Also you can assign specific flow for the user to run, simple goto Flow Access section in profile and assign the desired flow.

Thanks
Shiva Prasad Achukatla 28Shiva Prasad Achukatla 28
Hi Kashona, 

Need your help with Guest user flow related to lightning scheduler. Why will guest user require community plus license and how does it even makes sense? Could you help if you have sometime. 
Kashona DotsonKashona Dotson
Hey Shiva! Regarding Lightning Scheduler, the guest user did not require a Community Plus License. Whenever you create a community, a Guest User is created automatically with the user name of  communityname@domain, and assigned the user license 'Guest'. Any external user accessing the site is doing so through this "user".  A profile 'Communityname Profile' is also created which you can access from the community, and make adjustments to permissions. What I found out was; there was an error in the setup of the Guest user license within my org. I had to put in a case with Salesforce R&D and they made the necessary adjustments.
System Administrator 1107System Administrator 1107
Hi Kashona!

A couple of questions that I cannot seem to find clear answers on:

1. If I have a flow that I want the unauthenticated guest user to be able to run and that flow is run in system mode without sharing, do i still need to grant the guest user access to the objects, fields used in the flow for them to be able to access the flow? This seems unnecessary. I do not want the guest user to be able to access these records or fields in any other way except the flow.

2.If i navigate to the standard "flow" community page, it is empty except for the header. However, if I create a separate app page and add the flow as a component, it works fine and the guest user can access it.

3. When I go into a profile (any profile) and go to the "Enabled Flow Access" section, click "edit", the "Available Flows" and "Enabled Flows" are both empty. Will flows only show up in these columns if the access to that flow is granted based on profiles and permission sets?

Thanks in advance!

empty columns
System Admin 1306System Admin 1306
Yes, the guest user meeds permissions to both "run flows" and Object Permissions and Field-specific permissions
Suraj Tripathi 47Suraj Tripathi 47
Hi Kashona,

Please check below link will help you. 
And try all steps and then do the same things to your org.

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/modules/flow-testing-and-distribution/enable-user-access

Hope this helps.

If you find your Solution then mark this as the best answer.

Thank you!

Regards,
  Suraj Tripathi 
Max GiesbertMax Giesbert
Please note that have been some changes since Winter '21: Allow Guest Users to Access Flows (salesforce.com)
Also see: Funktionsweise der Flow-Sicherheit (salesforce.com) 
Hope that helps.