function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Prasanna SekarPrasanna Sekar 

How to provide dynamic value for dataAccess.name parameter in dataloader CLI process

I'm trying to import data via CLI dataloader .I am able to import data using static file name for dataAccess.name parameter in process-conf.xml file 

<entry key="dataAccess.name" value="C:\data\accountdata.csv"/>

How to provide dynamic value for -  "dataAccess.name" parameter in process-conf.xml file ?

<entry key="dataAccess.name" value="C:\data\accountdata_YYYY-MM_DD_HH_MM.csv"/>
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Prasanna,

Have you checked the approach mentioned in  https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/115760/cli-data-loader-export-with-dynamic-file-name

Parameter
<entry key="dataAccess.name" value="C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 9.0\test\ extract.csv" />

Description:
Signifies the location and file name of the dataaccess type process.
If running a csvRead, the process will look for the file in this location.
If running a csvWrite, the process will replace the file in this location.

Hope this helps you. Please mark this answer as best so that others facing the same issue will find this information useful. Thank you
Prasanna SekarPrasanna Sekar
Hi,

I am trying to import data , so i'm reading data from csv & importing it , I have used csvRead  in dataAccess.type. Also i'm able to successfully import data if i use static name value="C:\data\accountdata.csv"

My concern is with dataAccess.name parameter & how to pass dynamic value to it .

<entry key="dataAccess.name" value="C:\data\accountdata_YYYY-MM_DD_HH_MM.csv"/>
 <entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvRead"/>

Thanks,
Prasanna 
Jon Raney 7Jon Raney 7
Prasanna - were you ever able to find out an answer to this.? Im on the hunt for the same thing for a dataloader process. . i see no specific configuration parameter that pertains to this. Though much reference to it being possible. In many cases like ours the file has to be unique by day so that you are not overwriting.