function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jasonmuldoonjasonmuldoon 

Flow failed to fetch records with custom fields

I have a flow with "GetRecords" where I use a custom field to query the Account records. When I run the flow, it returns me Flow failed to fetch records even though there are records available with the custom field value.

I tried the SOQL with the same custom field and the results are coming.

I updated the flow to read using the record ID field and the flow ran successfully, but not working with the custom field.

Here is my flow

User-added image

User-added image

Here is the debug log
User-added image

Note: The same flow works on my other orgs, but it is failing for this org.

ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jason,

As you have mentioned it is working in other orgs and not working in your org can you try checking if there are any issues with permissions and try to make sure the same permissions are present then can you try checking if it works?

Regards,
Anutej
jasonmuldoonjasonmuldoon
Hi Anutej,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I had verified the field permissions for the user who in this case is a System Administrator. Also, as mentioned in my post SOQL gives the results for the same conditions without any error.

On some of the forums, I have read that making the field an External Id will work, but I am not able to do it because I have installed this field from a managed package.

Thanks in advance!
Janette Mosher 6Janette Mosher 6
Has any resolution be found for this question. This just started happening to me on existing flow in my production ord. The same flow works in my sandbox without issue. With records being successfully found.
Anthony Caputa 13Anthony Caputa 13
@janette Mosher 6 

I was having the same problem and his second comment fixed my issue. I needed to Index the field. Once I indexed the field it started working. Really weird tbh