function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chaithaly gowdachaithaly gowda 

Apex event trigger cannot handle batch operations on recurring event

Hi All

I am facing this error 'Apex event trigger cannot handle batch operations on recurring event' when trying to update 102 event records through data loader.

Could someone please tell what recurring events mean and why dataloader is throwing error on update .

Thanks in advance.
Chaithaly.
AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Chaithaly, 

Apex Event trigger cannot handle batch operations on recurring events

The error 'Apex Event trigger cannot handle batch operations on recurring events.' comes upon a large data loader upload
description when you are trying to make an update for a large number of events (6000 events for an example), with Data loader

To resolve this issue, make sure that this trigger doesn't receive a batch containing more than 1 recurring type of event. This handling needs to be done outside the trigger.

Make batch size of data loader as 1. Then load the records.

If there are a large number of records and it's taking much time then the recurring records can be separately loaded with batch size as 1 and the normal event records can be inserted with greater batch size.

"A trigger invoked by an insert, delete or update of a recurring event or recurring task results in a run-time error when the trigger is called in bulk from API".

If you find this information helpful, please mark this answer as Best. It may help others in the community. Thank You!

Anudeep
chaithaly gowdachaithaly gowda
Thanks Anudeep.

I wanted to know what recurring event means, how do i identfy them? could you please clarify on this.