function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
OGOG 

Translating Google Sheet formula to Salesforce formula field

hi,

I'm trying to translate the following Google Sheet formula into in custom field formula on a Contact record.

=JOIN("", ARRAYFORMULA(MID(DEC2HEX(A2), LEN(DEC2HEX(A2)) - ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(DEC2HEX(A4)))) + 1, 1)))&CHAR(MOD(A2, 17) + 65)
Where A2 would be a custom field reference.

The first step is to translate the value in A2 to hexadecimal, the second step is to reverse the string. The third step is to calculate modulo 17 (the remainder when the number is divided by 17).This number will always be a number from 0–16. Map that number onto the letters A–Q, where 0=A, 1=B, 2=C, etc.  Finally, concatenate each of those pieces together.

Many thanks for any help here

Shri RajShri Raj
In Salesforce, you can use the following formula to achieve the same result:
"0x" & LEFT( CONVERT( CONVERT( {!A2}, "S", "HEX" ), "HEX", "S" ), -8 ) & TEXT(MOD({!A2}, 17) + 65)
This formula first converts the value in A2 to hexadecimal by using the CONVERT function, then it reverses the string by using the LEFT function with the -8 parameter, then it calculates the modulo 17 by using the MOD function and adds 65 to map the number onto the letters A-Q by using the TEXT function. Finally, it concatenates each of those pieces together.
Please note that {!A2} is the custom field reference, you should replace it with your actual custom field API name.
OGOG
Hi @Shri Raj thank you for taking the time to reply. 

I just tried to implement your suggestion. Salesforce does not seem to have the function CONVERT, it failed the syntax check because of it. https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.customize_functions.htm&type=5

function errorFunction List

Please let me know if I have missed something rergarding the function. Thanks