function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Debaranjan GhoshDebaranjan Ghosh 

PD1 Clarification

A company has a custom object named Warehouse. Each Warehouse record has a distinct
record owner, and is related to a parent Account in Salesforce.Which kind of relationship would a
developer use to relate the Account to the Warehouse?
A. One -to -Many
B. Parent -Child
C. Master -Detail
D. Lookup
Answer: D
Why will it be Look up and why not Master Detail ? Can you plerase explain?
Best Answer chosen by Debaranjan Ghosh
Jaya Karthik  karnatiJaya Karthik karnati
Hi Debaranjan,

Based on my understanding , If we read into the question : they mentioned the warehouse is related to parent account means they are implying there are child accounts as well which are not linked to warehouse.

So since there are accounts that are not mandatory , So look up would be fit instead of master-details.

Hope the answer helped your question , if so kindly mark it best answer to close this question. 

Thanks,
Karthik

All Answers

delusionex delusionexdelusionex delusionex
because warehouse can use many company and org may have many account with same warehouse
Jaya Karthik  karnatiJaya Karthik karnati
Hi Debaranjan,

Based on my understanding , If we read into the question : they mentioned the warehouse is related to parent account means they are implying there are child accounts as well which are not linked to warehouse.

So since there are accounts that are not mandatory , So look up would be fit instead of master-details.

Hope the answer helped your question , if so kindly mark it best answer to close this question. 

Thanks,
Karthik
This was selected as the best answer
Debaranjan GhoshDebaranjan Ghosh
@delusionex delusionex and @Jaya Karthik karnati Thanks a lot for your quick reply.
@delusionex delusionex : You mentioned "warehouse can use many company " As per my understanding A company can have its warehouses and not the reverse . Am I correct ? I got below definition for warehouse "a large building where raw materials or manufactured goods may be stored prior to their distribution for sale."