function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eric FischlEric Fischl 

Summer '23 - REST API v30 retirement

Hi, I'm trying to validate against the Summer '23 REST API v30 requirement and I see one item in the Event Logs that calls /v30.0/connect/communities when logging into an Experience Site ... I have no idea where this is coming from, as we're not using anything custom or 3rd party, just canned SF functionality.
So my question is twofold: 1) do I need to do something to update this before the API retirement, and/or 2) how do I track down what that is.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Best Answer chosen by Eric Fischl
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
@Eric, I just got an update that the bug fix would be rolled out in today's patch.(Safe Harbour). While I check further on your ask, would you be able to run the event logs tomorrow and see if you are still seeing requests to /v30.0/connect/communities in the logs? 

Thanks

All Answers

HI Eric
I believe you are using either the Salesforce Field Service Mobile app for Android or Salesforce Mobile for Android applications.

The Salesforce product team has filed a bug for this scenario (#W-11180538) According to this, Salesforce App for Android is still using v30.0 for certain API requests. However v30.0 is being retired. This API version should be upgraded to v31.0 or greater

Related:  https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.236.0.chatterapi.meta/chatterapi/connect_resources_connect.htm which mentions the /connect/communities URI is used to get a list of all Experience Cloud sites available to the context user. Create an Experience Cloud site.

Hope this helps! Thank you

Recent related post : https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=9062I000000R1yN

Thank you
Swetha Maddali
Salesforce.com Support
Eric FischlEric Fischl
Thank you very much for the reply. I do indeed HAVE the Salesforce for Android app on my mobile, but I haven’t used it in months. Is it a possibility that even if I log in via my PC browser (Firefox on Windows), it may still call that v30 API simply because that app is a connected app to my user?
@Eric, I just got an update that the bug fix would be rolled out in today's patch.(Safe Harbour). While I check further on your ask, would you be able to run the event logs tomorrow and see if you are still seeing requests to /v30.0/connect/communities in the logs? 

Thanks
This was selected as the best answer
Eric FischlEric Fischl
Hi Swetha, I’m making myself a reminder now to check tomorrow and I’ll report back. Thanks again for your help.
HI Eric,
Following up to see if you were able to test after 20th Oct. I'll wait for your inputs. Thanks
Eric FischlEric Fischl
Hi Swetha, I don’t see anything in the logs … this site isn’t live yet but I made sure to log in both on the 20th and the 21st and looks like that REST call isn’t there. Thanks very much for your help on this.
Thanks for confirming, Eric. Here to help if you need any other info.

Please consider marking the answer as best to close the thread so it can help others too.