function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Raghav TRaghav T 

Partner user sees the Cases with Record Type which he does not have an access

Hi
In my Org I have case object with OWD as Private for Internal/External Access.
Now I also have one Sharing rule which gives access to Portal user of "Communes Partner" profile. This Sharing rule share the cases of Record Type "Support" and "Implementation" with the Partner User role.
But When I login as Partner user I see the cases with Record Type "Support" and "Implementation" and also Record Type of "Technical".
So here I need to understand why i am seeing this record type cases without having an access to the record type.
I checked for the record data and i figure out something that these Cases "Contact Name" filed has value of partner user.
And for one case record its owner is queue and the members of the queue is of type Partner User.And this does not have the contact name as the above partner user.
So please help me understand what's issue happening here.
Sai PraveenSai Praveen (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Raghav,

One scenerio is that "Case visibility in the Customer Portal is mainly controlled off the Contact Name field on Case.  If the Customer Portal user is the Contact on the Case, then they have the ability to see it. "

Please find the below article (https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000384975&type=1) supporting it.

Let me know if you face any issues.

If this solution helps, Please mark it as best answer.

Thanks,