function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mark Moser 10Mark Moser 10 

how can i use platform events in a partner portal?

i coded tested, then exposed in partner community and it does not work at all
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Mark,
In order to create or edit Platform Events the Customize Application permission is needed. I wouldn't imagine providing this to a Partner Community user as it'd be strictly an admin permission. In order to simply trigger or subscribe to platform events, this can be done via processes through flows. Therefore you could leverage the benefit of them via the Partner Community License but should only be created at the internal user license level.

If the question is around visualization of the actual object in the Partner Community that won't be possible, via Salesforce Help "Because platform events aren’t viewable in the Salesforce user interface and aren’t editable, field-level security permissions don’t apply

Coming to can a partner community license user who is using a custom developed lightning/aura component with EmpApi subscribe/listen/consume platform events?
> The EmpAPI component provides access to methods for subscribing to a streaming channel and listening to event messages so yes once that component is built and setup correctly.

If this information helps, please mark the answer as best. Thank you