function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Logan PelletierLogan Pelletier 

REST API not triggering Record-Triggered Flows on Method Call

Have a user utilizing one of our API products to insert new records and update existing ones. A workflow has been created on the user account that should auto-fire when any record is inserted or updated. However, said flow is never fired.

I looked at the docs and saw that there is the ability to trigger a flow from the REST API, but I assumed this would be taken care of automatically since the flow itself is triggered from a record change. The issue is that the flow itself is just never being run, including the check, which dictates how data is changed. Is there something I am missing here? They say that the same workflow can be kicked off from the Dataloader when creating new records. Am I missing a toggle with the REST API?
Bryan Leaman 6Bryan Leaman 6
Logan,

In my experience, workflows, flows, process builders and triggers all fire when records are inserted or updated no matter the source (Apex, screen interaction, data loader, api call) -- EXCEPT for internal salesforce operations like merging records or mass-replacing picklist values.

That leads me to believe there may be an issue in how you defined the workflow.

Can you share the workflow rule definition and any conditional criteria on the field update?

--Bryan