function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gwen ONeill 9Gwen ONeill 9 

Checkbox for Formulas

I'm trying to set a variety of scenarios for a checkbox.  First, is it even possible?  Second if it is, how oulw I correct the formula below?

IF(  X9_12_MonthsER__c  = True  ||  X9_12_Months_Eng__c = True,
X9_12_MonthsER__c  = True  ||   X9_12_Months_EE__c  = True,
X9_12_MonthsER__c  = False ||  X9_12_Months_Eng__c = True),

OR(IF( X9_12_MonthsER__c=true  &&  Over_12_MonthsER__c = true,
Over_12_MonthsER__c = true && X9_12_MonthsER__c=false,
X9_12_MonthsER__c=false)
))
AnkaiahAnkaiah (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Gwen,

Can you explain, what is your requirement?

You need validation rule or field update using using formula?

Thanks!!
Ultimately what I need it to do is have a box checked based on different options of other fields that have dates.  Does that make sense?
Hi Gwen,

As per my understanding,
1.Check box field should be checked when date field value selected ?
or 
2.Whenever date field value updated then you need to auto populate the check box field value as true?

Please confirm.

Thanks!!
Checkbox would change whenever the date field is updated. Gwen O'Neill Salesforce Administrator ShareBuilder Advisors, LLC gweno@sb401k.com www.sharebuilder401k.com [signature_2105670207] Advisory services are provided by ShareBuilder Advisors, LLC, an SEC registered investment advisor and subsidiary of ShareBuilder Inc. ShareBuilder 401k is a brand name of ShareBuilder Advisors, LLC. © 2019 ShareBuilder Inc. All rights reserved. Reply Forward
whenever date field updated, you want update checkbox field as true or flase?
Depending on the date updated, the box would be checked as true.  For instance if less than 9 months, the box would check as true.  If not less than 9 months, the checkbox would be blank.
Can you please explain the scenario?

You need to compare the date fields then only we can able to get the duration. Without proper explaination, i can't able to provide the solution.

Thanks for understanding.

Thank you for all your questions - they helped me realize I was going down the wrong path.  I appreciate your insights!!