function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ragnar Lothbrok 7Ragnar Lothbrok 7 

How can i call aura send email quick action in Quick Action button click?

Hi,
I have been try to create the Aura component Quick Action for send email action, and trying to use it in Highlight panel.
We have the dicumentation (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.lightning.meta/lightning/components_using_email_quick_actions.htm) to create send action on button click but i want it on Object specific quick action.
Will that be possible, if so how.

Thanks.
Arun Kumar 1141Arun Kumar 1141
Hi Ragnar Lothbrok,

Yes, It is absolutely possible to achieve this requirement. Here are the steps you need to follow:
1) Create Aura Component :
     Go to Developer Console >> Click on File >> Create lightning Component >> 
     Make sure it is implementing "flexipage:availableForRecordHome,force:hasRecordId,force:lightningQuickAction"
     force:hasRecordId 
: will provide you the id of current record which you opened and you need to add this attribute in Aura for sending this id to apex class :
<aura:attribute name="recordId" type="String" />
     force:lightningQuickAction : will allow your component to available for putting in Quick action
     flexipage:availableForRecordHome : To make your component available for record pages only

For sending email you need to write Apex class : Reference for sending email through apex (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_forcecom_email_outbound.htm)
2) Create Quick Action : 
    Go to Object Manager >> Select Object >> Click on Buttons, Links and Actions on the left panel >> click New Action >> put Label >> Action type should be "Lightning Component"  and in Lightning Component field, select your Aura component
3) Placing Quick Action in highlight Panel :
    Go to Object let say Account record >> click on gear icon on the top right corner >> Click Edit Page >> 
    Now if you are doing it first time, it will show upgrade Now button in the right side. So follow these steps :
    i) Click Upgrade Now >> Click on Migrate (if you want previous actions should be there otherwise another option) >> next >> save 
    ii) Click on Add Action Button showing in the end of the right side panel >> Select your Quick Action and save 
    iii) Click Save on the top right corner 

If Upgrade Now option is not showing then follow only these two steps : ii) and iii) 
4) Now go to your record and check the quick action

Please mark it as the best answer if it helps you!
Thanks