function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shekhar 46shekhar 46 

retstricting access for 1 user for profile

if i have 5 users in profile . for that profile i have given CRED access. OWD is private. i want to  take out the create access for 1 user from that profiel . can we do that, how?
Dosbol TDosbol T
Hi there, for that specific Object, you can do it with Validation Rule:

AND(
$User.Username = "ThatOneUsersName",
ISNEW()
)

SubratSubrat (Salesforce Developers) 
Hello Shekhar ,

Profile is the base level permissions, so whatever permissions you provide at the profile level will be provided to the user assigned to that profile. You cannot restrict the access which is given at profile level.

You can remove that FLS access for the group of fields from profile and provide those permissions using permission set. And assign that permission set to the list of users to whom you want to give access. This way, only the users with the permission set will be able to access those group of fields whereas the user to whom permission set is not assigned won't be able to access the fields.

Hope it helps !

Thank you .
sarika shirkesarika shirke

Profile is the base level permissions, so whatever permissions you provide at the profile level will be provided to the user assigned to that profile. You cannot restrict the access which is given at profile level. https://www.dinarguru.biz/