function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bouscalbouscal 

Change only specific fields when criteria is met

I have a requirement to allow users in a specific profile rights to change a few fields and no rights to edit ANY of the other fields for a closed opportunity.  A validation rule would probably be problematic without a way to ensure hundreds of other fields were not changed. 
i.e. page layout has 10 fields, when open the user can edit all 10.  Once closed the user can only edit 2 of those.  With 10 fields I expect something like: 
NOT(
	AND(
		IsClosed, 
		OR(
			ISCHANGED(field a),
			ISCHANGED(field b)
		), 
		NOT(
			OR(
				ISCHANGED(field c), 
				ISCHANGED(field d), 
				ISCHANGED(field j)
			)
		)
	)
)

It would be for too long of a formula to do this with 100 fields where only 2 or 3 can be edtied. 
Do I need to resort to apex?

VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Bouscal,

You would need to use apex I believe, however do you see any error for above formula?

Thanks,
Jasmine LustinJasmine Lustin
It offers a number of additional features that are not available in the official version of WhatsApp. Some of the features of GBWhatsApp include the ability to use multiple WhatsApp accounts on the same device, customize the look and feel of the app, schedule messages, and hide the "last seen" timestamp. However, please note that https://gb-whats.app/ is not an official app and it may be against the terms of service to use it. Additionally, since it's not an official app, it may not be updated as frequently or be as secure as the official WhatsApp app.