function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jugbeer BholaJugbeer Bhola 

Custom MetaData DeveloperName

Hello, I have a situation where the DeveloperName\QualifiedApiName is not the same as Label\MasterLabel in a CustomMeta Data table.

In VSCode all that is visible is on the CustomMeta Data table is the field of Label name.  When the CLI command is used to instert a record, it defaults the value used for the Label into the DeveloperName.  The requirement is to uniquely specify the Label and the DeveloperName.

sfdx force:cmdt:record:insert -f C:\__RepositoryPath\DataImport\My_CustomMetaData__mdt.csv -t My_CustomMetaData

I know there are different DeveloperNames on records for the existing CustomMeta data but I do not see those in VSCode either.

I used this command to retrieve the structure and the DeveloperName is not there.

sfdx force:source:retrieve -m CustomObject:My_CustomMetaData__mdt 

There are a lot of records.  Yes I could import and change one of the field values manually.  Totally inefficient.  I am hoping for a better solution if one is out there.

Leo BishopLeo Bishop

The developerName is the unique name of the custom metadata type object in the API. Only the first 255 characters of any field in a custom metadata type record are returned.

https://www.aceflareaccount.net/

Jugbeer BholaJugbeer Bhola

Leo, I must not have been clear.  I am aware that the DeveloperName is the key and unique on custommeta data records.

What I need to do is insert custom metadata records using CLI.  I need to specify the unique DeveloperName.  I cannot have it default to anything. 

Do you know how I can specify the unique DeveloperName field on insert using CLI?