function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ltcommanderltcommander 

How to create a custom button for a user after a record is saved on the custom object

Hello all,

I have a custom object called Appllcation__c. It also has a custom button called "send submission email" which opens the email composer with a bunch of parameters from the Application__c record.

What I want to do is to "automatically" click this button when a new record is created on application__c. How do I do that?

Basically, when a new application record is created and saved, it has to click that button automatically, i.e, open the email composer with those parameters that are defined under the button.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks!
Naveen KNNaveen KN
If the Application record is created through the standard Salesforce record page, this is not possible. User has to manually click the button.  
ltcommanderltcommander
Hi Alice, I already have a custom button. My question was about how to simulate clicking this button automatically when the record is saved. So, post saving, it automatically takes them to the email composer page which is what this Custom Button already does. Thank you.