function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ratheven SivarajahRatheven Sivarajah 

How do you make a entitlement stick to every new case that gets inserted

So I have created a entitlement process and created a dummy account. I then created a new entitlment with the entitlement process and dummy account. I then put entitlement in my case layout so when I create a case I can search for the entitlment and append to any accounts. I want to make the entitlement stick to every case that gets generated automatically without me selecting it in my case layout. 
Arun Kumar 1141Arun Kumar 1141
A process builder in Salesforce can be used to ensure that the entitlement is applied to each and every case that is generated automatically.

Here are the steps to achieve this using a Process Builder:
  • Go to setup.
  • In the quick find box > Process Builder
  • Name the process and select "Case" as the object you want the process to start on.
  • Choose the criteria for when the process should start. For example, you can choose "when a record is created."
  • Add a new Action for updating records.
  • Choose the record that you want to update. In this case, it's the "Case" record that started the process.
  • Set the criteria for the update. For example, you can choose "Criteria for Updating Records" and select "No criteria—just update the records!"
  • Add a new field update.
  • Set the field to the "Entitlement" field on the Case record.
  • Choose the value to set the field. In this case, you can choose the specific Entitlement record that you want to associate with the Case.

Whenever you've set up the interaction manufacturer, each new Case record that is made or altered will consequently have the chosen Privilege related to it.

For more information, you can refer to this documentation - Process Builder (https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.process_overview.htm&type=5)

If this helps, mark this as the best answer.

Thank you
Arun