function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sharelle HarrisSharelle Harris 

How to allow Non Salesforce users to edit data via VF page

I created a VF page to edit two fields on the Quote object. I need to make this page publically visible to customers and allow them to edit the two fields and submit the form. 
So far, the page and all fields are showing up publically, but when I try to add an ID to the URL and pull a specific record, I get an "Authorization Required" error message.
The guest profile has access to all fields for the Quote object, so I'm not sure what I'm missing

Soyab HussainSoyab Hussain
Hi Sharelle Harris,

Share more information about the page and code, are you using standard controller or custom?

Regards,
Soyab
Hi,
I'm using a standard controller for the Quote object. Theres very minimal coding on the page, just one action to save two fields, one is a text field and the other single select. 
Shri RajShri Raj
To allow non-Salesforce users to access the VF page and edit data, you need to set up a site in Salesforce and provide a public URL to access the page. Here are the steps to achieve that:
Set up a site in Salesforce: Go to Setup > Sites, and create a new site. Assign the appropriate permissions and profiles to the site, including the guest profile you're using.
Create a VF page: You've already created a VF page that you want to make publically accessible.
Add the VF page to the site: In the Site Detail page, click on the Public Access settings. Then, add the VF page to the site by clicking on "New" under "Visualforce Pages."
Publish the site: After adding the VF page to the site, publish the site. You should now have a public URL that you can use to access the VF page.
Test the URL: Open the public URL in a browser and append the ID of the Quote record you want to edit. If everything is set up correctly, you should be able to see the form and edit the two fields.
Thank you, I've done all of those things and now the page is accessible but when I add a record ID to the end I get the 'Authorization Required' page. Is there something I'm missing in the guest profile permissions? Currently, it has access to the VF page, read/create access to the quote object and edit access to all the fields in the form. 

Sefan IvkovicSefan Ivkovic

Sanjate o savršenoj adaptaciji svog doma? Upoznajte MirkovicLux - vodeću firmu u industriji adaptacije stambenih prostora. Sa dugogodišnjim iskustvom i stručnim timom, MirkovicLux pruža vrhunsku uslugu prilagođenu vašim željama i potrebama. Bilo da želite renovirati kuhinju, kupatilo ili preurediti čitav prostor, njihova stručnost i pažnja prema detaljima osiguravaju da vaš dom postane oaza udobnosti i elegancije. Posetite njihov web-sajt na https://www.mirkoviclux.rs i otkrijte zašto su zadovoljni klijenti prepoznali MirkovicLux kao najbolji izbor za adaptaciju stambenih prostora.

<a href="https://www.mirkoviclux.rs">Adaptacija Stana</a>