function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jagadeesh AngadiJagadeesh Angadi 

Can we create lookup field to territory on Account or custom objects?

I am trying to create a lookup to Territory on the Account object. But while creating a lookup field, I am not able to see the Territory object in "Related To" dropdown box. I am not able to see this on custom objects as well.

Am I missing something here or Salesforce not allows us to add Territory as lookup to other objects?

Best Answer chosen by Jagadeesh Angadi
Soyab HussainSoyab Hussain
Hi Jagadeesh Angadi,

It is not possible to create a lookup field from Account to Territory as the Territory object is a special type of object in Salesforce and it is not possible to create a direct lookup relationship to it.

If you found it useful please appreciate my efforts and mark it as the best answer.

Regards,
Soyab

All Answers

Soyab HussainSoyab Hussain
Hi Jagadeesh Angadi,

It is not possible to create a lookup field from Account to Territory as the Territory object is a special type of object in Salesforce and it is not possible to create a direct lookup relationship to it.

If you found it useful please appreciate my efforts and mark it as the best answer.

Regards,
Soyab
This was selected as the best answer
SubratSubrat (Salesforce Developers) 
Hello Jagdeesh ,

I came across a discusion which is similar to your ask , requesting you to go through this once -> https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trailblazer-community/feed/0D54S00000A7N3mSAF 

Thank you .