function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ignacio de la torre 9Ignacio de la torre 9 

Is it possible to indentify when a Contact is being created with Email-To-Salesforce and when it isn't?

Hello and thanks for reading!
I have a section in the Contact layout with these fields:

Opt out of Email
Do Not Call
Do Not Contact

I've added a checkbox called Lead Only/No Auto Emails. As users manually add new Contacts, they'll be checking that to prevent them from receiving automated communication.
The idea is to set up a new flow. When a contact makes a donation for the first time, automatically uncheck that box.

We are using SFDC's BCC Email-To-Salesforce feature, often creating new contacts with it. Is it possible to know that a contact originated from one of those emails and automatically check the box?

The problem with defaulting it as checked is that there are a lot of integrations creating new contacts in this setup: donations, text messages, Facebook ads/leads, web forms, etc. I would need to update all of them to explicitly UNcheck that box.
Marcelo CostaMarcelo Costa

Can't you know based on the CreatedBy field?

Usually, the executing user of the email-to-Salesforce user is a system user.
So, whenever the Created by is the system user, the Contact was created by the Email-to-Salesforce proccess :)

You can use a flow/trigger to set the checkbox on user creation when the createdBy field is the automation user.