function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Meggan Landis 11Meggan Landis 11 

New Generate and Attach pdf button works in production but not in Community portal

Hi all,
I have a button that is working fine in production; the problem however, is that I need it to work in the Community portal. The button is on the page, but I am getting and Invalid Page error when I try to execute it. The button is gnerating a pdf and attaching it to notes and attachments. I have the following VF pages and apex code that are working for me in production. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

VF Page:
<apex:page standardController="Box_Request__c" renderAs="pdf">

<apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.psfStyle2,'psf.css')}"/>
    <div align="right"><strong>Date</strong>: {!DAY(Today())} {!CASE(MONTH(Today()), 1, 'January', 2, 'February', 3, 'March', 4, 'April', 5, 'May', 6, 'June', 7, 'July', 8, 'August', 9, 'September', 10, 'October', 11, 'November', 12, 'December', 'Unknown')} {!YEAR(Today())}</div>

<center>
<h1>PACKING SLIP</h1>
</center>

<table>
<b>SHIP TO DETAILS:</b>
<hr/>

<tr><th>Shipping Address:   &nbsp;  </th>
    <td><apex:outputText escape="false" value="{!Box_Request__c.ShippingAddressVF__c}"/></td>
    </tr>

<tr><th>ATTN:&nbsp;</th>
    <td><apex:outputText value="{!Box_Request__c.Attn__c}"/></td>
    </tr>
     <br></br>

<table style="font:10pt">
<b>ORDER DETAILS:</b>
<hr/>
   <apex:pageBlock mode="maindetail">
      <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Box_Request__c.Box_Request_Orders__r}" var="su"
      columnsWidth="85%,10%,5%">
      <p Style="font-size:6px;">
         <apex:column headerValue="Ordered Item" >
             <apex:outputText value="{!su.Line_Item_Description__c}"/></apex:column>
         <apex:column headerValue="Qty" >
             <apex:outputField value="{!su.Qty__c}"/></apex:column>
         <apex:column headerValue="Unit" >
             <apex:outputText value="{!su.Unit_of_Measure_Note__c}"/></apex:column></p>

</apex:pageBlockTable>
   </apex:pageBlock>
   </table>
   <br></br>
      <br></br>

</table>
</apex:page>

VF Page:
<apex:page action="{!attachPDF}" extensions="attachPDFToBoxRequest" standardController="Box_Request__c">

apex:pageMessages ></apex:pageMessages><!-- included for display of errors should they occur -->
    <apex:detail inlineEdit="true" relatedList="true"></apex:detail> <!-- included so Opportunity detail information is visible when errors occur -->
</apex:page>

APEX CLASS:
public class attachPDFToBoxRequest {

private final Box_Request__c a; //BR

//constructor
    public attachPDFToBoxRequest(ApexPages.StandardController standardPageController) {
        a = (Box_Request__c)standardPageController.getRecord(); 
    }

//method called from the Visualforce's action attribute
    public PageReference attachPDF() {

//generate and attach the PDF document
        PageReference pdfPage = Page.pdfBoxRequest; 
        pdfPage.getParameters().put('Id', a.Id); 
        Blob pdfBlob; //create a blob for the PDF content
        if (!Test.isRunningTest()) { //if we are not in testing context
            pdfBlob = pdfPage.getContent(); //generate the pdf blob
        } else { //otherwise, we are in testing context and getContent() create the blob manually
            pdfBlob = Blob.valueOf('Some Text');
        }
        Attachment attach = new Attachment(parentId = a.Id, Name = 'PackingSlip.pdf', body = pdfBlob); //create the attachment object
        insert attach; //insert the attachment

//redirect the user
        PageReference pageWhereWeWantToGo = new ApexPages.StandardController(a).view(); //we want to redirect the User back to the detail page
        pageWhereWeWantToGo.setRedirect(true); //indicate that the redirect should be performed on the client side
        return pageWhereWeWantToGo; //send the User on their way
    }

}