function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Web Order 8Web Order 8 

How to change location of dialog pop up for Log A Call button?

A recent change to Lightning's layout has a couple of our users asking whether it's possible to move the dialog box that pops up when you click the "Log a Call" button on a Contact or Account record.

Currently, it pops up in the bottom right corner of the screen, and they would prefer it to be locate somewhere toward the middle of the screen how it used to be.

Anyone know whether this is possible to change?

Thanks!

Alex Toba 17Alex Toba 17
In Salesforce, you can change the location of the dialog pop-up for the "Log a Call" button by adjusting the page layout. Here's how:
Go (playhardjetskihire.com.au)to the "Page Layout" for the object on which you want to change the "Log a Call" dialog location.
Click on the "Log a Call" button to open the button properties.
In the "Behavior" section, you will see a "Positioning" option that allows you to choose the location of the dialog pop-up.
Select the desired position (e.g. "Top Left", "Top Right", "Bottom Left", "Bottom Right") from the drop-down menu.
Save your changes to the page layout.
Note that this will change the location of the "Log a Call" dialog pop-up for all users with the same page layout. If you want to customize the location for individual users, you can use the "User Interface" settings to customize the position of the dialog pop-up for each user.
Web Order 8Web Order 8

Thanks Alex, I was unable to get the "Log a Call" button to do anything when I clicked on it in the page layout, perhaps that is a difference in versions since this change is so new? I'm not sure.

Regardless, for those who may find this post with the same question, I was able to come up with a different solution:
Edit the Lightning Page of the records you want to change, then go to your Activity tab (or wherever your Log a Call, etc buttons are.
Click on the panel with your Log a Call etc activity actions in it, then on the right side you'll have your Activities settings.
Check "Use tabbed activity view" and this will change your users' activities from the new buttons back to the old tabbed style layout.

Hope this helps!