function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pablo Rivera 7Pablo Rivera 7 

connecting gmail message to feed

Gmail account is connected to Salesforce but if I send an email from Salesforce or from gmail I can connect to a Work Order. That Work Order Log the email shows up in. That is good. However the email shows up as a task in my feed and you have to click on the task to get the text of email. What I want to have is the email text show up so I can see it. Right now comments or call logs can be added with Text. So can view the full log of conversation. Logging an email where you only see listed as a task, then having to click the task to try and see text is not useful. Need to see email conversation as comment in sidebar with Work Order to track conversations. Any suggestions on how to make this work?
Eden WheelerEden Wheeler
Hello,
It sounds like you want to display the content of emails related to a Work Order directly in the Work Order's feed, rather than as separate tasks that need to be clicked on to view.

One possible solution would be to use Salesforce's Email-to-Case feature, which automatically creates a Case record in Salesforce whenever an email is sent to a designated email address. You could set up a specific email address for Work Orders, and configure the Email-to-Case feature to associate any emails sent to that address with the corresponding Work Order record. This would allow the email content to be displayed directly in the Work Order's feed as a feed item, rather than as a separate task.

To set up Email-to-Case, you will need to follow these steps:
  1. Create a dedicated email address for Work Orders in your email system (e.g. workorders@yourcompany.com).
  2. In Salesforce, go to Setup -> Email -> Email-to-Case.
  3. Click the "Enable Email-to-Case" checkbox.
  4. Enter the email address you created in step 1 in the "Email Services Address" field.
  5. Configure the other Email-to-Case settings as needed (e.g. email attachments, case creation settings).
  6. In the "Routing Address" section, select "Case" as the object and "Work Order" as the record type.
  7. Map the email fields (such as subject, body, sender) to the corresponding fields in the Work Order record.
  8. Save your Email-to-Case settings.
  9. Once this is set up, any emails sent to your designated Work Order email address will automatically create a new Work Order record in Salesforce, and the email content will be displayed as a feed item in the Work Order's feed. You can also configure Salesforce to automatically send a reply email to the sender to confirm that their email has been received and associated with the correct Work Order.
Note that this solution requires some initial setup and configuration, but once it's set up it should streamline your workflow and allow you to easily track email conversations related to Work Orders directly in the Work Order's feed.

I hope this will help You.
Salesforce Vlocity Training (https://www.igmguru.com/salesforce/salesforce-vlocity-training-certification/)
Pablo Rivera 7Pablo Rivera 7
Ok, makes sense. Sounds like you are saying if I setup an email address that I can just use to copy emails to then I can setup in feed. So for example if I am sending an email to john@jhm.com then I can just copy to the workorders@yourcompany.com email and it will setup as a feed in that work order (assume I am sending from salesforce direct, if from gmail then have to associate and log). So multiple users on salesforce utilizing work orders can do the same thing with their account as long as they copy the workorders@yourcompany.com email? Right now the organization has a couple different apps and cloud setups. We have service and sales cloud. If I set this up can I setup email to case just for service cloud nad not for sales cloud?