function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dr. Thomas MillerDr. Thomas Miller 

Which object does the activity timeline show?

If you look at the activity timeline you would think that it shows activity records. However this cannot be really true:
If I create a task in the activity timeline of a case and relate it to an account then the created task has NO reference to the case. Nevertheless it is shown in the case's activity timeline - even after refreshs. So there must be another object making the connection.

That object must support links to activities but also links to FeedComments (as I can add comments to the timeline.)

What is its name - and can I query it with SOQL?
Dr. Thomas MillerDr. Thomas Miller
Actually it seems that the object is Feeditem - but in my example the FeedItem (of type CreateRecordEvent)  record doesn't have a link to the case either. So how does the activity timeline know that it should display this Feeditem?
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Thomas,
The activity timeline shows the activities that were already created or updated on that case. As you initially created the task on case, it is showing there which is expected behaviour.

You can check under open activities and notice that it won't be showing as you have now related to an account.

If this information helps, please mark the answer as best. Thank you