function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Craig CoulterCraig Coulter 

Check if a record already exists with a flow

Hi,

We have a custom object (Campaign Reviews) that sits under Opportunity and I need to check that no Campaign Review record already exists against that Opportunity with the the dropdown status of Review Required (on the Campaign Review record), a formula field that does not equal Under or Amber (on the opportunity record) and that a record hasn't been created within the last 7 days. I want to do this via a flow, is it possible? Any guidance is much appriciated.

Thanks
Craig
Sai PraveenSai Praveen (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Craig,

Do you mean when you onclick a button it should check if any Campaign Review is created in the last 7 Days under that opportunity?

Thanks,

Craig CoulterCraig Coulter
Hi Sai,

When a user clicks on New under Campaign Review:

User-added image
User-added image

I need to check that no other record is currently active that has the status Review Required and was created within the last 7 days and is either Amber or Under in the Performance Status formula field on the Opportunity.

Thanks
Craig
Sai PraveenSai Praveen (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Craig,

I am confused as this cannot be done using flow. Because when you save the record then the record-triggered flow will get invoked but you cannot show any error message on the Screen.

If you try to do it using ScreenFlow you can launch ScreenFlow from a button or from lwc component ..etc but not from clicking on the Save button.

I guess you may have to use trigger logic for this.

Let me know if you face any issues.

If this solution helps, Please mark it as best answer.

Thanks,