function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bryn JonesBryn Jones 

Joined Report for Custom Objects

Keep getting "Choose a different report type. This one has no common fields with the other report types in this joined report." when trying to join with a custom object.
Sai PraveenSai Praveen (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Bryn,

Do you have any common fields between those? Please check the below article (https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.reports_joined_format_concepts.htm&type=5) for the same.

Let me know if you face any issues.

If this solution helps, Please mark it as best answer.

Thanks,
Shri RajShri Raj

This error occurs when you are trying to create a joined report that includes a custom object, but the custom object doesn't have any fields in common with the other objects in the report.
  • Check that the custom object has at least one field that is related to the other objects in the report. For example, if you're trying to create a joined report that includes Opportunities and a custom object called My_Custom_Object, make sure that My_Custom_Object has a lookup or master-detail relationship with Opportunities.
  • Make sure that the fields you want to include in the report are visible to the user running the report. To check this, go to the custom object's fields and verify that the "Visible" checkbox is checked for each field you want to include in the report.
  • If the custom object doesn't have any fields in common with the other objects in the report, you can try creating a custom formula field on the custom object that references a field on one of the other objects. This will create a link between the two objects that you can use in the joined report.
  • If none of these steps work, you may need to consider restructuring your data model or using a different type of report. For example, you could create a custom report type that includes both the custom object and the other object(s) you want to report on, and then create a standard report or dashboard based on that report type.