function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chaithaly gowdachaithaly gowda 

Debug logs are generating only 'SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY' ,'SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT'

Hi ,

I am facing some issue related to Debug logs , I have set the Apex code to 'Finest' and tried generating the log , but all I see in logs is ' SYSTEM_METHOD_EXIT|' , SYSTEM_METHOD_ENTRY| , I dontt see any variable names/method names.User-added image

Can someone please let me know what could be the issue.
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Chaithaly,
Looks like code from managed package is called. Since the subscribers do not have access to their code, it does not show up in the debug logs too.

If there is an issue with the managed package, you can reach out to the provider to have package debug logs enabled for debugging purposes.

Related: https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/166246/access-to-debug-logs-in-managed-package

Other useful resource : https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/5111/detecting-system-mode-in-debug-log/10659#10659

If this information helps, please mark the answer as best. Thank you
chaithaly gowdachaithaly gowda
Hi Swathi , Thank you . But this code is not from 'Managed Package'
This piece of code is from apex class written locally.
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
There could be package code being invoked in the background. To confirm do you see any debug log line like ENTERING_MANAGED_PKG

Have you had a chance to review this information from above link:

SYSTEM_MODE_ENTER|true Means the debug log has entered into a mode for collecting information about all system methods such as the System.debug method. true is a boolean. So if true, then it's trying to collect information about system methods.

SYSTEM_MODE_ENTER|false means exactly that! It did not enter into a mode to collect system method debug information.

Similarly, SYSTEM_MODE_EXIT|false means it did not exit the mode. In the above case, where both are false, it makes perfect sense that a SYSTEM_MODE_EXIT did not occur simply because it never entered into system mode, to begin with!

System INFO and above refers to the debug logging level setting that's required before SYSTEM_MODE_ENTER and SYSTEM_MODE_EXIT entries will be recorded in the debug log. In this case, it means that for either of these to be recorded in the debug log, the logging level has to be set for at least INFO. It will continue to be recorded at any settings between INFO and FINEST but will NOT be recorded at either WARN or ERROR.

Thanks