function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Steve BerleySteve Berley 

which objects refer to Files?

I am just plain stuck.  I’m doing a Salesforce to Salesforce migration and looking to move notes and files.

• I started with a backup of the old system that included all files, etc.  (checked both “Include images, documents, and attachments” and “Include Salesforce Files and Salesforce CRM Content document versions”)
  • This generated 218 zip files.  I’ve downloaded and extracted all to my local machine
  • I’ve moved all files from the ContentVersion folders in each zip to a single folder to ease uploading.
  • This folder had 524k files, all named with a salesforce id that starts with 068 (which are ContentVersion records).  Sampling them, they’re a combination of short notes and scanned documents.

Here’s where it gets interesting… The old instance has:
  • Roughly 19k ContentVersion records and the same number of ContentDocument records
  • 18k FeedAttachment records
  • 682 ContentNote records

Even after accounting for the CV, FA and CN records listed above, I still have nearly 500k files named 068….. that I can’t find any reference to in the system. 

Where else should I look?

Thanks,

AnkaiahAnkaiah (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Steve,

Refer the below link have similar kind of answer for your question.
https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/153106/what-is-the-object-that-stores-files

Thanks!!