function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Carol WalgenwittCarol Walgenwitt 

Lightning Web Component through VS Code

I am in the challenge Deploy Lightning Web Component through VS Code. I can authorize my org but when I go to deploy my org I get the message "bikeCard error vale too long for field sourch maximum length 131072.  A Trailhead Support person sent me a link from this Forum with the message below:
"This is presumably because the maximum length of the database row the source is stored in is 131072 characters long.
You will need to split your component into multiple, smaller components to get under this maximum limit. The design principles of LWC is that you have many smaller components that make up the large components".

I do not know how to split the component into smaller pieces, components. I am very new to Salesforce. I am going for the Salesforce Platform Developer Certification. This is the last Module to take before the exam. There is also a Project Module to take which will help me enhance my skill set before the exam. I cannot deploy the component because of the length size. Has anyone had the same issue? Is there a link of instructions that I can follow? I am a bit confused and just want to work through this get it done so I can learn from it and move onto the next module then prepare for the exam. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.!!!
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Carol,

Please note that Questions about how to pass Trailhead challenges are not on topic, because these challenges are intended to be independent demonstrations of your abilities.

Trailhead Help (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/help?support=home)can provide assistance for situations where Trailhead does not appear to be functioning correctly. You can reach out to them if this is the case.

Please close the thread by selected as Best Answer so that we can keep our community clean

Thanks,
Carol WalgenwittCarol Walgenwitt
Good evening Vinay,My question is not asking how to pass the challenge.  My question is asking how to create smaller components in VSCode so I deploy the component as per the instructions in the challenge.  The challenge does not give any instructions in case a developer runs into this situation.  I do not know how to create smaller components so I am asking for help. I did send this issue into a separate message to Trailhead support because I do believe there is a glitch to the challenge. I am still waiting for their response. I will update them again in the morning. Thank you. from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy Tablet