function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Madhuri GurajaMadhuri Guraja 

Formula field with multiple conditions using multiple picklist

Hello 
I need to create a formula field that will update a field with text based on 2 picklist feilds.  

Asset name (picklist 1) has got 4 values and Account Industry (pciklist 2)has got 35 values both are single picklist values. 
Conditions are---
When Asset name  is "A"
And Account industry value  is either "Agriculter or Engineering or technical" I want formula field to pouplate "approved" 
When asses name is "A" and account industry value is either "Fiancne or Hospitality or Media" I want formula field to populate to "Seek approval" 

I'm usign forumula IF(AND(ISPICKVAL(, Asset_c, 'A'), ISPICKVAL (Account_Industry_c, "Agriculture'), 'Approved')) this is working but how do I add all other 16 pciklist values next to agriculture to get approved in formula field?
PriyaPriya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Madhuri,

You can make use of OR.
For example 
IF(
AND
( ISPICKVAL(Asset__c, 'A'),
OR( ISPICKVAL (Account_Industry__c, 'Agriculture'),
ISPICKVAL (Account_Industry__c, 'Grow'))),'Approved',null)
Hope this is helpful..Please mark this as best answer!!

Regards,
Ranjan

Thanks for the respons Priya 
but this isn't working coming back with Syntax error missing ')' 

Hi Ranjan, Please ignore my previous post. This logic is working now but it is not giving me the desired result. - I want the formula field to be blank when "Asset__C is B, but I can still see the previous value "Approved" Any idea how to achieve this?
sorry forgot to add in my previous message. I also want the formula field to populate *"Seek Manager Approval"* when Asset__C is A and Account Industry is selected *"Others".*