function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Julia ZocoloJulia Zocolo 

General Setup Help: Using Contains operator in Flow

Hello,

I am a flow newbie trying to migrate some workflow rules over to the tool. I love the decision based paths as this reduces a lot of repeated logic.

However, I just realized using "Contains" as an operator is case sensitive! This is a huge issue since I am pulling from lead and contacts titles in order to assign a buyers persona. 

I made a formula utilizing "lower" on title but then the flow didn't like that regarding the before trigger. I changed it to Actions and related records for after but it still doesn't want to use the formula in the variable. 

Is there a way I can set this up to evaluate that lowercase title formula? Otherwise I need an unrealistic amount of combinations regarding case and title combinations.

I am also probably missing a major step since I am trying to just make it work off of a few flow videos I watched that had no similar example. 

Entry criteria:
Title is not empty 
A Record is created or updated

Then I have it immediately going into the first decision using all the set criteria to check if the title contains an HR or L&D term. 

(ie. Title contains hr
Title contains h.r.
Title contains human
etc.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

Assunta NewellAssunta Newell
In a flow, the CONTAINS function checks all characters within its parentheses. For cross object field references, CONTAINS works like it does in the rest of Salesforce. It checks only the first 250 characters in the reference.  https://www.pointclickcarecna.net/