function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
The new LearnerThe new Learner 

Need to create record using quick action

Hi Experts,

I need to create quick action on the opportunity record with the following details(this action is on the opportunity record page only). can anyone help me out?

--The record owner of the new record is the currently logged-in user who pressed the button --the 'created by' of the new record is the currently logged-in user who pressed the button
--Account that is related to the opportunity record from which the new opportunity is created.
--It should not be possible to create a new Opportunity record from the quick action  any other way for anyone who does not have a Sys Admin or sales admin user.
PriyaPriya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hey,

The developer community recommends providing any attempts/code you've started, any errors you're getting, or where exactly you're struggling in achieving this while posting a question.

Regards,

Priya Ranjan

Hi Priya,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately, I am not even know how to achieve this, so I expressed my query here for the suggestions as well as for the help.
PriyaPriya (Salesforce Developers) 

Hey

No worries, I will help you with setting it up. Just elaborate the requirement. 

You wanted to allow only sales user or system admin to create the Opportunity ? does this want you need ?

Regards,

Priya Ranjan

Thanks priya for the response, 1. Need to create an quick action by adding all the mandatory fields, like name etc and account, opportunity and contact values need to prepopulate from the master opportunity and owner should be the logged in user who clicked on the button 2. It should allow only system Admin and sales admin to create those records not anyone else.