function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gauri Gaikwad 13Gauri Gaikwad 13 

field are not update after deplyment

i have deployed on production the functionality to update account field on button click.but client is saying field are not updating. how to debug this? and no error in sandbox.

one more , i have deployed some fields to production and those are not visible to end cliednt on page layout, why it is not visibile?
Best Answer chosen by Gauri Gaikwad 13
mukesh guptamukesh gupta
Hi Gauri,

Field Not updating:- i think you missed out related functionlaity due deployment and deploy only field. menas this field updated by Apex trigger , Workflow, process builder etc. so you need to cross check this point

Fields Not Visible:- 
1. is these field placed on page layout
2. if these fields placed on page layout then you need to check in profile level

if you need any assistanse, Please let me know!!

Kindly mark my solution as the best answer if it helps you.

Thanks
Mukesh

All Answers

VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Gauri,

You would need to deploy profiles along with fields for profiles which were made visible on layout.  Try to deploy profile along with fields from lower instance and that should work.

Note: Kindly take backup of profile prior to deployment else first try to deploy them in UAT and later in production if you aren't sure.

Please mark as Best Answer if above information was helpful.

Thanks,
mukesh guptamukesh gupta
Hi Gauri,

Field Not updating:- i think you missed out related functionlaity due deployment and deploy only field. menas this field updated by Apex trigger , Workflow, process builder etc. so you need to cross check this point

Fields Not Visible:- 
1. is these field placed on page layout
2. if these fields placed on page layout then you need to check in profile level

if you need any assistanse, Please let me know!!

Kindly mark my solution as the best answer if it helps you.

Thanks
Mukesh
This was selected as the best answer
Gauri Gaikwad 13Gauri Gaikwad 13
I have added RD/WR access parameters in profile & deployed the profile to production also.when i extarct the package with profile to see the access.but i am not able to see the access on the fields which i have extracted on xml file.
what can be the reason?