function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeremy Galgut 9Jeremy Galgut 9 

‘Check your Internet connection and try again’ error

Running a suite of Automated Test jobs, we have started getting the Salesforce message 'Check your internet connection and try again' at apparently random stages.

There's no evidence on our server that there's a problem with the internet connectivity and we don't get the error when going into Salesforce front end and reproducing what the Auto Test is doing. We have tried running the tests on a different Salesforce Org/Instance, but the problem is the same.

Although it's not impossible that the internet connection could be dropping out intermittently, I'm wondering if it is an accurate message or if the root cause is something else. Has anyone seen this message and if so what can be done to resolve it?

PriyaPriya (Salesforce Developers) 

Hey Jeremy,

It will be difficult to say the root caue here without analysis. So it will be better you can raise a case with salesforce support for the better and fast solution. 

Thanks & Regards,

Priya Ranjan

Brittany JirikBrittany Jirik
Was this ever solved? My company has been dealing with Salesforce Support for three months and we still don't have a resolution.
Justin BaggsJustin Baggs
We also are intermittently getting this error. 
Shawn HartmanShawn Hartman
We have been having this issue for two days now. We have people from 40 different locations reporting it, so I don't think it's an actual Internet issue. Is there a fix in the works?
Santosh Joshi 11Santosh Joshi 11
The error message "Check your internet connection and try again" that you're encountering during your automated test runs might not necessarily be due to an actual internet connectivity issue. There could be various reasons behind this error, including but not limited to:
  1. Request limits: Salesforce imposes limits on the number of API requests you can make within a specified time frame (24 hours). If your automated tests are making a high number of API calls, you might hit these limits, leading to intermittent failures.
  2. Timeouts: If your automated tests are making long-running API calls or taking longer than expected to complete, they may time out, causing the error message. In this case, you might need to optimize your test suite or increase the timeout settings.
  3. Concurrent requests: Salesforce also limits the number of concurrent API requests. If your tests are running in parallel and making simultaneous API calls, you might run into these limits.
  4. Salesforce server issues: Sometimes, Salesforce servers might experience temporary issues that could affect your test runs. Keep an eye on Salesforce's trust site (https://trust.salesforce.com) to monitor any ongoing incidents or maintenance events.
To troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue, consider the following steps:
  1. Review your test suite: Check if your tests are making excessive API calls or if they can be optimized to reduce the number of requests.
  2. Adjust test execution: If you're running tests in parallel, try running them sequentially to see if the issue persists. This can help identify if the problem is related to concurrent API calls.
  3. Monitor API usage: Track your API usage to ensure you're not hitting the request limits. You can check this information in your Salesforce org under Setup > Company Information > API Requests (Last 24 hours).
  4. Check timeouts: Review your test suite and API call timeouts to ensure they are set to appropriate values. If necessary, increase the timeout settings.
  5. Contact Salesforce Support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, consider reaching out to Salesforce Support for further assistance. They can help identify if the problem is related to your org or Salesforce infrastructure.
Amy StoneAmy Stone

Hello,

The "Check your internet connection and try again" message in Salesforce during Automated Test jobs can be misleading. It's recommended to check other possible causes, such as API rate limits, session timeouts, or any temporary issues with Salesforce servers or services.
https://www.paybyplatema.one/
Best regard,

Edie Harrison 2Edie Harrison 2
I am having the same error. This isn't anything to do with API limits. I'm a consultant and this happens regardless of which org I'm in. If you are using Chrome browser, there is a common issue ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED. This causes the "Check your internet connection and try again" error particularly in lightning components. I get this SF error often just when I'm creating a lightning page. I have checked the IP address which is not changing when the error occurs. If you google the Chrome message, ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED, you will see several fixes. I'm on a Apple Sonoma which has changed the settings navigation it's more diffcult for a Mac users than Microsoft. 

The obvious resolution is to change browsers, but unfortunately, my company uses Google for business so I hope that this gets resolved.