function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bhagyashri Jadhav 61Bhagyashri Jadhav 61 

how to update related list with help of data loader

I have account data that I wanted to upload with help of a data loader. I have a related list called product for an account. I wanted to update data for both as well at the same time. Can you help me to understand how I can achieve this? 
Sai PraveenSai Praveen (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi BhagyaShri,

Using Dataloader you cannot load the relatedlist and object at the same time. You have to load the parent object first and the load the child object after that.

Let me know if you face any issues.

If this solution helps, Please mark it as best answer.

Thanks,
Bhagyashri Jadhav 61Bhagyashri Jadhav 61
Hi Dear, I have uploaded the account details, but I don’t know how to update the same accounts with product details. Bhagyashri Jadhav Salesforce Administrator ​ ​Topsource Worldwide (UK) Ltd (Company No. 04626779, incorporated in England and Wales). Registered Office: Office 807, Labs House 15 19, Bloomsbury Way, London, England, WC1A 2TH IMPORTANT: The information contained in this e-mail message, together with any attachments thereto, are intended only for the ​personal and confidential use of the addressee(s) named above. The message and the attachments are or may be a privileged or ​protected communication. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or authorized to receive it for the intended ​recipient, you have received this message in error. If you received this message in error, you are not to review, use, disseminate, ​distribute or copy it or any attachments and are requested to immediately notify us by return e-mail message, and delete the original message.
Sai PraveenSai Praveen (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi BhagyaShri,

You have to map the old account id to the new accountid and map the account field in the profuct list and then load the data.

Thanks,