function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AlizehSAlizehS 

Reports and Dashboards issue

Hi Everyone,
1. I presently have a dashboard which consisits of many reports which are built using standard report types of Account, Opportunity, Campaign with Contacts and Campaign with campaign members.
2. Initially i added all my source reports as components on the dashboard , added three dashboard filters; two account owner filters and one owner role filter.
3. Upon selecting any value from the owner role filter the Campaign with Contacts and Campaign with campaign members component errors with the error message : "The component can't be displayed because the field(s) you chose for the filter are unavailable"
4. I have checked that my source reports have the Owner role field added in them and are also grouped by owner role. 
5. When I tried to remove all dashboard filters and re-add them, surprisingly the owner role field didnt show up as an option anymore to add as a filter.
6. On removing the Campaign with Contacts and Campaign with campaign members component the field came up as an option again to add as a dashboard filter.
7. I tried building a seperate dashboard for two of the reports and added the same owner role filter and was able to filter the reports here.
> I wanted to understand what is causing the issue on the original dashboard leading to the error message : "The component can't be displayed because the field(s) you chose for the filter are unavailable" when the fields do exist and are even grouped on the source report.
Salesforce TechieSalesforce Techie
check if this helps-
https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000331273&type=1
AlizehSAlizehS
Hi @Trainee , thanks for this but I have already referred the help article which suggests to add the field in the source report. The field was always there and grouped in the source report but for some reason the dashboard component errors out.
AnkaiahAnkaiah (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Alizeh,

The Opportunity Owner Role in the standard report type is looking for the field Role Name as displayed on reports.  The Owner Role field that may have been added in via Opportunity Custom Report Types through look up are using the standard Role Name field. These are 2 different fields, and not viewed as equivalent fields.  This is the reason why the Opportunity Owner Role does not show up as an option to filter the dashboard.

The equivalent Role Name as displayed on reports field in the custom report type is called Description. To add the Description field to the Custom Report Type, the look up click path would be Opportunities Owner > Role > Description. By adding that field, the opportunity owner role should now appear as an option in the dashboard filter.

Refer the below help article.
https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000338789&type=1

If this helps, Please mark it as best answer.

Thanks!!
AlizehSAlizehS
Hi Ankaiah,

Thank you so much for our response. However I am currently using only standard report types namely : Accounts, Opportunities, Campaign with Contacts and Campaign with campaign members. As soon as I select any filter option from the Owner role field the Campaign with Contacts and Campaign with campaign members report errors out : "The component can't be displayed because the field(s) you chose for the filter are unavailable". Not sure how standard report types are causing this issue.