function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sagar patel 38sagar patel 38 

Approval process is based on roles and profiles.

I have approval process setup based on roles and profiles. Now my partner wants only Smith's(one user's) approval to go to Jenna(his manager). Can we put criteria on approval process based on users? If i were to change Smith's Role and Profile, But still give him same access as he currently has. How do i make this happen?
PriyaPriya (Salesforce Developers) 

Hey Sagar,

In the "Specify Entry criteria" You have an option for chosing the owner name.

For e.g., On the account, In the entry criteria you can select Account Owner = 'xyz' 

and then you can proceed.

Is this what you were looking for ? Please let me know if this works for you and mark it as the best answer.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya Ranjan

sagar patel 38sagar patel 38
Hi Priya,

I would like to send only smith's approval to James(not Role or Profile). I have 7 approval steps(which are based on profiles and roles),on step 6 (Which is based on Roles and Profiles) the approval goes to john and i want it to go to james but i only wnat Smith's approval to go to James. Is it possible to ceate criteria in approval steps based on Users?
sai shanmukh vishnubhatlasai shanmukh vishnubhatla
Hi Sagar,

Approval steps define the chain of approval for a particular approval process. Each step determines which records can advance to that step, who to assign approval requests to, and whether to let each approver’s delegate respond to the requests. The first step specifies what to do if a record doesn’t advance to that step. Later steps specify what happens if an approver rejects the request.
please find below link for your reference.
https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.approvals_creating_approval_steps.htm&type=5