function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mirelis SotoMirelis Soto 

How do I find and test a new page layout?

Hi all, This might be admin basic but I am stuck. 

I created a new page layout and new record type on a Standard Object. When I go to the app Launcher and type the Object it takes me to the list view of all records but there is none since it is new and no data has been created. How do I find the actual page to create new data and test it??? It is not a lightning page just a page layout. I attached a picture of where it lands when I open the object from the App launcher.User-added image

PriyaPriya (Salesforce Developers) 

Hi Mirelis,

Do you see 'New' button after you click the object?

Thanks & regards,

Priya Ranjan

Bhagyasri sreenadhu 5Bhagyasri sreenadhu 5
Hi Mirelis Soto

As per your question i understand you created pagelayout and record type but your changes not reflecting right?

Once you created pagelayout you have to assign to profile to profiles this pagelayout should come

And In record type, first you have to choose proper profile to which profile you wants to show and which pagelayout should display under this record type, if you do these 2 steps properly you will see your changes in your object.

Let me know if you faced any issue after doing this

**Please choose this as best answer if it is helps to you

Thanks

Bhagyasri
Mirelis SotoMirelis Soto

@Priya. I do not see a new button. 

@Bhagyasri I have assigned this page to the profiles so the record type but I still not able to see it when I click on the Object. It takes me to that list view I attached. 

Bhagyasri sreenadhu 5Bhagyasri sreenadhu 5
Hi Mirelis Soto

Can you go to your profile and check object level permissions

in object level permissions go to your object then check for CRED (create,edit,read and delete )permissions and save 

Now refresh page and check.you should get new button

Thanks
Bhagyasri
Mirelis SotoMirelis Soto

@Bhagyasri

It is set like that but now I am thinking it could be the Object. Attaching a picture for reference. User-added image