function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KV ViswanadhKV Viswanadh 

doubt on User permissions

Good morning,
I am new to salesforce. I have a project on student management system. I  have created a custom object (student__c) and updated all the information. While giving user roles and permissions, the custom object does not have any access to give roles or permissions.
Is there any provission with out copying the records from custom to standard object?
If I prepare new users, is signup necessary for newly created users to visualize the record data/ reports? 
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Viswanadh,
Each profile can then be configured to provide the specific type of data access required for a particular role. At profile level, you can grant access such as “Read,” “Create,” “Edit,” “Delete” for the specific objects.

More on Control Access to Objects : https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/modules/data_security/data_security_objects

Thanks
KV ViswanadhKV Viswanadh
thank you for help
syed jabeenasyed jabeena
Hi  Viswanadh,

User Roles and Permissions

Marketing Cloud Intelligence includes three types of user roles: viewer, power user, and admin. A user role defines which actions a user can perform. Each user role has a default set of permissions, but you can assign users with the same role different permissions.

For example, one user with the viewer role can view unpublished pages but another user with the viewer role can’t.

You can also create user groups. With a user group, all permissions in the group are applied to all the users in the group.

Each account has a pre-set number of user roles based on your account contract.

Take a look at the table below to see which actions are permitted per user role.

User-added image
User-added image

Please mark as Best Answer if above information was helpful.

Thanks,
Syed Jabeena