function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ajinkya Kulkarni 14Ajinkya Kulkarni 14 

Quote creation when opportunity stage change

How to create validation rule When Opportunity Reaches "Quote and Negotiation Stage" or any Stage after this  Then Only can a Quote be CREATED
Best Answer chosen by Ajinkya Kulkarni 14
AnkaiahAnkaiah (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Ajinkya,

Yes.. You cant able to create quote if the opportunity stage other than "Quote and Negotiation Stage".

try to modify like below.
AND(ISNEW(), NOT(ISBLANK(OpportunityId)), NOT(ISPICKVAL(Opportunity.StageName,"Quote and Negotiation Stage"))

This rule will work, when you try to create new quote & related opportunity stage is not equals "Quote and Negotiation Stage".

If this helps, Please mark it as best answer.

Thanks!!

All Answers

Hi Ajinkya,

try with below rule on quote object.
NOT(ISPICKVAL(Opportunity.StageName,"Quote and Negotiation Stage")

Thanks!!

Hi Ankaiah, Thank you for your feedback, will above rule will work or not if the Opportunity stages are before "Quote and Negotiation Stage" and is applicable for all opportunity record types ?. thanks
Hi Ajinkya,

Yes.. You cant able to create quote if the opportunity stage other than "Quote and Negotiation Stage".

try to modify like below.
AND(ISNEW(), NOT(ISBLANK(OpportunityId)), NOT(ISPICKVAL(Opportunity.StageName,"Quote and Negotiation Stage"))

This rule will work, when you try to create new quote & related opportunity stage is not equals "Quote and Negotiation Stage".

Thanks!!
This was selected as the best answer
Actually, I'm trying to display error message if someone tries to create quote before "Quote and Negotiation".?
Bond Grigsby 7Bond Grigsby 7
Any course of action on this, I'm having a relative issue. I tried to change things and this is what happened.
https://www.flying-together.net/