function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gabriel ArgenalGabriel Argenal 

When to use Batch Apex vs. Queueable Apex vs. Scheduled Trigger Flow

Hi, I have a use-case where I want to process a small number of records (less than 200 probably). But I want it to be a "batch" process. That is, I want it to be a job that runs weekly.

Since its a small number of records, I don't think that I need "Batch Apex" right? Also I don't know if this is something that Queueable apex can solve because it doesnt look like that can be scheduled weekly? So should I use scheduled Trigger Flow in this case?

Which one of the above methods is recommended? 

Thanks,
Gabe
AnkaiahAnkaiah (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Gabriel,

If you have more data like more than 1L then you can go with batch batch class but in your case less amount of records then can go with scheduled Trigger Flow.

If this helps, Please mark it as best answer.

Thanks!!
Siddharth Joshi 4Siddharth Joshi 4

Hi Gab, Queueble Apex and Future methods are used to run a transaction asynchronously (separately from the current one), so you won't get an error or you don't have to wait for a transaction to finish. Batch is used to process large no of records. 
So, If you want to schedule it at a particular time, you can go two ways I believe- 

you can go with Scheduled Apex. You need yo implement the Schedulable interface for the class.

Also, you can use scheduled trigger flow If you are going declarative.