function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Viswanathan GajendiranViswanathan Gajendiran 

Do Apex Callouts count against API Limits

Do Apex Callouts (Call from Apex to External Rest/SOAP services) count against Org API Limits. 
I know they are limited by Governor limits but do they count against the org API Limits.
The salesforce documentation is not very clear and not sure how to get official confirmation from Salesforce on this.

http://resources.docs.salesforce.com/200/9/en-us/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_app_limits_cheatsheet.pdf. Page 41 of the document (page 37 based on Numbering in the document) clearly says Apex callouts are excluded.

But the latest document link does not have such Note
https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/222/latest/en-us/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_app_limits_cheatsheet.pdf (No Note at Page 9)
Greg HGreg H
It seems that the answer is no, they do not count against the limit. I just executed a few callouts from my production Org. They didn't increment the API Requests for my Org.
-greg
Deepali KulshresthaDeepali Kulshrestha
Hi Viswanathan Gajendiran,

Greetings to you!

The following limits and limitations apply when Apex code makes a callout to an HTTP request or a web services call. The web services call can be a SOAP API call or any external web services call.

1. A single Apex transaction can make a maximum of 100 callouts to an HTTP request or an API call.
2. The default timeout is 10 seconds. A custom timeout can be defined for each callout. The minimum is 1 millisecond and the maximum is 120,000 milliseconds. See the examples in the next section for how to set custom timeouts for Web services or HTTP callouts.
3. The maximum cumulative timeout for callouts by a single Apex transaction is 120 seconds. This time is additive across all callouts invoked by the Apex transaction.
4. Every org has a limit on long-running requests that run for more than 5 seconds (total execution time). HTTP callout processing time is not included when calculating this limit. We pause the timer for the callout and resume it when the callout completes. See Execution Governors and Limits for Lightning Platform Apex limits.
5. You can’t make a callout when there are pending operations in the same transaction. Things that result in pending operations are DML statements, asynchronous Apex (such as future methods and batch Apex jobs), scheduled Apex, or sending email. You can make callouts before performing these types of operations.
6. Pending operations can occur before mock callouts in the same transaction. See Performing DML Operations and Mock Callouts for WSDL-based callouts or Performing DML Operations and Mock Callouts for HTTP callouts.
7. When the header Expect: 100-Continue is added to a callout request and a HTTP/1.1 100 Continue response isn’t returned by the external server, a timeout occurs.

For more details:- https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_callouts_timeouts.htm

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepali Kulshrestha
www.kdeepali.com
Viswanathan GajendiranViswanathan Gajendiran
Hi Deepali Kulshrestha,

Thanks for your answer. What you posted is Governor limits which I know apply for Apex callouts. But my actual question is whether the Apex callouts count against org API Limits