function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MaheemSamMaheemSam 

How to remove none picklist in lightning

Hi, 

I made pick list required from page layout able to remove none from picklist in classic but in lightning its still showing as none please suggest me how to remove none from picklist in lightninig. 

Thanks
Sudhir
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi

Hi MaheemSam,

Sorry there is no way to remove the -None- value on a picklist. If you want a new record to populate with a specific value, and not display the -None-, you can do this through a workflow field update.

If you want to do it anyway.
Edit your page layout and make your picklist a required field by clicking on the properties wrench to the right of the field name. That will remove the "-None-" as an option in the picklist.

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay Dubedi
www.ajaydubedi.com 
porter pokyporter poky
Remove None option from a Picklist in Salesforce
In order to make the picklist field a required field, go to the page layout of the object that has the picklist field. ...
This will open the Field Properties popup. ...
Now the other part is to set a default value in the picklist. ...
After making the above two changes, the picklist will no longer display the None option.

visit https://cinderellasolution.guru
Ken Koellner @ EngagewareKen Koellner @ Engageware
I'm still getting --None-- in Lightning.  The fields have default values and on New they do default to the default value.  But none is still in the list.  I have made the field required on the field definition, that forces it to required on the layout; I still get --None--.  I tried not making it required in the field definition and select required on the page layout; I still get --None--.  There doesn't appear to be a way to get --None-- to go away in Lightning.