function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Naren9Naren9 

Lead Dropdown option for a Related To Field in Task

Hi All,
As of now, we are able to selecte the Account,Contact,Cases..etc.. in Related To field in Task, but not the Lead.
How to add the Lead Option to Related to Field.
Seems to be this option is coming if select the 'Allow Activities' option for Object.
I have created a Custom Object with 'Allow Activities' and custom Object Name is coming under the Related To Dropdown values.
As the Lead is a Standard Object, I am not able to find the option to Edit the Lead Object.
Any ideas?  
User-added image
Thanks,
Narendar
jprichterjprichter

The Related To lookup (WhatId is the API name) represents nonhuman objects such as accounts, opportunities, campaigns, cases, or custom objects. To relate a Task to a Lead use the Name (WhoId for the API name). Check this reference (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.object_reference.meta/object_reference/sforce_api_objects_task.htm?search_text=whatid) for more details.

Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Naren,

Greetings to you!

Task on a Lead can only be related to the Lead using the standard Related To (What Id) field. You'd need to create a Custom Lookup field on the Activity Object. Salesforce has not enabled 'Related To' field on Lead. There's an idea that is active on the success community with a similar discussion for which you can upvote so that it gets available in the future.

https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000BrDR

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas
Naren9Naren9
Thanks Jake and Khan for the suggestion. By Creating Look Up relationship On Activity object to Lead, I am able to relate Task to Lead.
After some analysis, we already have a Out of Box field called Name on Task Object, in that we can select the Contact or Lead as shown below.

User-added image
Thanks,
Narendar
Farheen AzizFarheen Aziz
Hi Narendar,

For me Related To field is disabled in lightning for lead but it is enabled in classic.

Any idea on this?

Thanks,
Farheen