function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AnimeLoverAnimeLover 

Manage picklist values using flow

i have custom picklist field status__c on Account object with bellow values
None
Scheduled
Dispatched
In Progress
Completed
Cannot Complete
Canceled

in this piclist field if value None is selected then next time if i am going to update value there  should be only Scheduled,Canceled value display
likewise if  Scheduled is selected available option Dispatched,Canceled
if In Progress  is selected show Completed,Cannot Complete
  how can i achive that using flow
Andrew GAndrew G
Hi Rahul
If we are talking Flow Builder, then remember that a Decision point can have more than two outcomes:
User-added image
Once you have defined each decision point criteria, then create a screen for each outcome,
User-added image
And in each Screen set a different picklist value or list of values based on the decision point outcome / screen selected.
User-added image

Then set the outcome to a variable and do a Record update.

A small note, you will need to be precise with your API naming conventions so that the flow reads easy, so for screens perhaps "scr_Status_New", choice value "Pick_Status_New" etc. Where you have multiple screens that are fundamentally similar, the number of variables and similarity of names can get confusing.

Hope that gets the thought process running.
Regards
Andrew
AnimeLoverAnimeLover
yes tahnk you so much 
i get it and its working
and is there any other way to do this like using auto launch flow 
launch flow by PB and flow will check what is current selected value if it is "None" then set "Schedule" and "Canceled" to picklist and update 
then whenever next time iam going to update same record it should show me only "Schedule" and "Canceled" values
is it possible
Andrew GAndrew G
Hi Rahul

To my knowledge, PB cannot change the options in a picklist (at a meta-data level). 

You could play with record types and have PB change the record type on save.  Then for that record type, in the picklist values, select the values you want to display for that record type.
User-added image

Your other alternative would be to do a VF page with controller that determines the Picklist options based on the current value.  

Regards

Andrew