function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Donald-ThompsonDonald-Thompson 

Implementing SSO using ADFS for Customer Access - User Management & Invitation Processes

I am seeking some guidance from anyone who as used SSO/ADFS for customer portal access to Sales Force.

Is there any documentation available on integrating / developing the invitation process for a user to register for an ADFS account, password reset etc.

We have this process working already in applications using API's to ADFS, looking to understand the approach of how this can be acheived using ADFS.

Thanks in advance.

Donald

Marvin MichumMarvin Michum
Not sure if this helps, but I thought I'd share. This information came from the 'Best Practices and Tips for Implementing Single Sign-On' help page here (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=sso_tips.htm&type=5)

SSO for Portals Best Practices
Customer Portals and partner portals are not available for new orgs as of the Summer ’13 release. Use Communities instead. For more information about SSO and SAML for Communities, see Configuring SAML for Communities in Salesforce Help. If you continue to use portals, be aware of these requirements.
  • You can use only SAML version 2.0 with portals.
  • Only Customer Portals and partner portals are supported.
  • Service provider initiated login is not supported.
  • Both the portal_id and organization_id attributes are required. If only one is specified, the user receives an error.
  • If both portal_id and organization_id attributes are populated in the SAML assertion, the user is directed to that portal login. If neither is populated, the user is directed to the regular SAML Salesforce login.
  • More than one portal can be used with a single org.