function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chandrashekar Jangitichandrashekar Jangiti 

Hi friends..how we can write junction object record creation and deletion via apex code

Hi friends..

how we can write junction object record creation and deletion via  apex code 
Danish HodaDanish Hoda
Creating a junction object - just as you do for any record keeping in mind for the master-detial relationship where you need to give IDs for both the parent objects.
If any of the master records (parent) is deleted, the junction objec is automatically deleted.
Thanks for quick reply Dinesh..but here we are having lookup relationship so.
Danish HodaDanish Hoda
Hi Chandrashekhar,
create would be the same, just ve sure that you put Ids for both parent, else, junction object would have no sense.

for delete, you can simply use database.delete(<idOfTgeRecord>)
Deepali KulshresthaDeepali Kulshrestha
Hi Chandrashekar,

You can query the junction object with the id of one of the two objects between which the junction object is created. The junction object must have a lookup on both of the objects.

Take the example below. I have a junction object between pricebook and products named PricebookEntry. I have the Id of the product and I want to find the junction object record so I'll simply query it with the help of product Id.

Like this:
public class DeleteJunction {
    public static void deletejunc(){
        List<PricebookEntry> pbentryList = [SELECT Id, Product2Id, Pricebook2Id WHERE Product2Id = "012nsx92scsd1xx001"];

delete pbentryList;
    }
}

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepali Kulshrestha
www.kdeepali.com
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Chandrashekar,

-> Every junction object is created between two sObjects or two Custom Objects.
-> Junction objects are used to create many to many relationships between objects
-> Junction Object contains ids of both objects that it is created for.

Let's take an example, In salesforce there are two sObjects (Pricebook and Product) and they contain a junction object named as PricebookEntry
you can also see the relationship between objects using the below link:

https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/215991/salesforce-data-design-tool

* First we need to make a Product because its ID id required in the creation of PricebookEntry

Product2 p = New Product2();
        p.Name = 'hello';
        p.IsActive = True;
        insert p;

* Now we need to create Pricebook because its ID id required in the creation of PricebookEntry

PriceBook2 pb = new PriceBook2();
        pb.Name = 'Algo12';
        pb.IsActive = true;
        insert pb;

*  Now its time to create PriceBookEntry

PriceBookEntry pbe = New PriceBookEntry();
        pbe.Product2Id = p.Id;                       //parentID
        pbe.Pricebook2Id = pb.id;                    //ParentID
        pbe.IsActive = True;
        pbe.UnitPrice = 100;
        insert pbe;

-> If you want to delete any ParentID then your junction object is also going to delete since the child record (PriceBookEntry) does not have any parent.
-> And if you delete any juction object record then both its parent isn't going to delete.
-> For deleting a record you just need to get that record from database by querying it in apex code and simply write: 

delete pbe;                                    // for above example

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay Dubedi
www.ajaydubedi.com
Thanks for Explanation @Deepali..
FYI..here we are using Lookup relationship with junction object..